Some common causes for immediate roof repair are problems and issues related to gutters. Professionals agree that gutters play an important role in maintaining and extending the life of your roof. Failure to keep your gutters in an efficient working condition may result in problems and damages that may not only affect your roof, but your home’s structure and foundation as well. Basically, gutters help to keep away water from the important parts of your home, including your chimney and windows. It ensures that water will flow from the roof to the drainage. Even a minor damage in your gutter could easily lead to more severe and costly problems, such as leaks and rotting. If left unresolved, water could leak from your damaged gutters to your walls and windows, which would cause mold and mildew to develop. Eventually, those parts of your house that have been exposed to water leaks will begin to rot.
What you can do to take care of your gutter
To prevent costly roof repair you need to ensure that your gutters are always clean and free from leaves, twigs, and other dirt and debris. These may come from trees that are touching your roof or from the wind when it blows dirt toward your house. When these are left to accumulate in your gutters, it could clog the water’s passageway. As a result, water from your roof will find other paths to flow through, most possibly seeping through your walls and windows.
Here are some tips to help you clean your gutter system.
- Wear gloves so you can use your hands in removing leaves and every dirt and debris that are clogging your gutters.
- Use a leaf blower to easily remove leaves that are scattered all throughout your gutter system.
- Grabber tools and hooked sprayers can also be used if you prefer not to climb a ladder to reach your gutters.
- Conduct a yearly inspection of your gutters to ensure it is working efficiently. The best time to do this, according to professionals is during the fall season.
- Ensure there are no gaps and holes throughout your gutter system.
- Work with a trained and licensed roof repair professional in properly maintaining not only you gutter system but your entire roof as well.
Working with a trained and licensed roof repair professional Always work with a trained and licensed roofing professional to ensure proper and efficient maintenance of your gutters and roofing system. Make sure your roofer has the right licenses and certifications as required by your local and state government. Also, your roofer should have insurance and provide warranty to his services. Be sure to ask about our Overhead Care Club – an affordable regular maintenance plan for homeowners – which INCLUDES GUTTER CLEANING!
WE PROVIDE ROOF REPAIRS TO THE FOLLOWING TOWNS IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Greenville, SC | Spartanburg, SC | Anderson, SC | Mauldin, SC | Simpsonville, SC | Travelers Rest, SC | Pickens, SC | Greer, SC | Marietta, SC | Lyman, SC | Clemson, SC
Beemer Residential Roofing
3208 Old Buncombe Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609